- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: formlabs.com
- Company Address: 35 Medford St, Somerville, MA, 02143
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About FormlabsFormlabs is expanding access to digital fabrication, so anyone can make anything. Headquartered in Somerville, Massachusetts with offices in Germany, Japan, China, Singapore, Hungary, and North Carolina, Formlabs is the professional 3D printer of choice for engineers, designers, manufacturers, and decision makers around the globe.
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will manage at least 8 cross-disciplinary engineers and technical leads for multiple software projects. You will coordinate with remote software engineering teams to plan large projects and set schedules. The Software Engineering Manager will be involved in a range of projects, including core 3D printing algorithm development, 3D rendering, web-based services, and UI/UX.
- Manage a team of engineers
- Key contributor to software architecture decisions on new products for both R&D and production development
- Work closely with software and hardware product managers and 3D printing R&D teams to guarantee the delivery of new algorithms, features, and 3D printers
- Coordinate with two remote software teams on release and project planning
- Full responsibility for hiring, growing, and retaining great talent
We value diversity at Formlabs, and work to remove unconscious and unnecessary barriers to build the best team possible. While we’ve outlined what an ideal candidate could look like, we know that you may bring something unanticipated and essential to the team. If you’re reading this and can see yourself contributing, please apply!
- Ready to collaborate with a wide range of technical disciplines, including Software, Hardware, and Design teams
- Have experience as a manager and technical leader of at least one group of five or more software engineers, ideally two groups
- Comfortable managing risk and making meaningful decisions for your organization
- An excellent software engineer who has shown they are also successful as a manager and leader
- Desire to grow the skills and fully leverage the talent of the team you manage
- Able to drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Track record of managing teams who develop a high volume of new features
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.