- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: formlabs.com
- Company Address: 35 Medford St, Somerville, MA, 02143
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About FormlabsFormlabs is expanding access to digital fabrication, so anyone can make anything. Headquartered in Somerville, Massachusetts with offices in Germany, Japan, China, Singapore, Hungary, and North Carolina, Formlabs is the professional 3D printer of choice for engineers, designers, manufacturers, and decision makers around the globe.
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, artist, and researcher in the world.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager with a strong technical and communications background to drive market adoption of our 3D printers, and related accessories and materials. You will work on our core SLA technology and products, and manage the overall go-to-market strategy across the company, through core messaging and positioning, new product launches, content creation, sales enablement, analytics, and understanding the market and competition. Product Marketers at Formlabs are expected to be the closest to our products and our customers - sitting between the Product and Marketing teams, with a talent for attention-grabbing copywriting.
Product Marketing at Formlabs is a pivotal team, where you will work with product management, design, engineering, manufacturing, web, and content to get things done. This is a fast-paced environment, where we launch new materials to market every couple of months, with large hardware announcements every couple of years.
If you’re passionate about reinforcing product messaging across everything we do in sales, services and marketing, we want you to join our team as a Senior Product Marketing Manager.
- Be the “quarterback” of our launches of our new hardware, software, and / or materials products
- Nurture existing products by suggesting / executing changes in marketing and positioning
- Connect market and technology trends with Formlabs’ products to build product positioning and messaging for verticals, buyer personas, and use cases
- Regularly track, and assess competitors, and adjust Formlabs’ product marketing accordingly as industry situation changes
- Communicate our products across all mediums in succinct and compelling ways, and anticipate and circumvent possible confusion or questions
- Develop technical training, messaging decks, internal FAQs, product guides, etc. that allow our sales team to succeed while driving competitive differentiation
- Promote and demo Formlabs products at conferences, trade shows, events and to analysts and potential customers
- Develop deep expertise in our 3D printing technologies, materials, and portfolios
- Experienced in technical product marketing or sales engineering at a B2B hardware or software company
- Passionate about technology and 3D printing
- Successfully collaborated with sales and marketing teams to create product training material including value propositions and differentiation
- Conducted independent primary and secondary market research to understand trends and analyze competitive landscapes
- Detail-oriented with great project management experience
- Proven ability to work independently and cross-functionally to complete projects
- High level of initiative and strong business judgment; comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to think holistically, and contribute business value outside of your “core” lane(s)
- Technical writing
- Business degree OR technical degree
- 3D printing industry experience
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.