Associate Scientist or Scientist I, Biologist or In Vitro Pharmacologist
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Life Sciences
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: 8five8tx.com
- Company Address: 3115 Merryfield Row, Suite 110, San Diego, CA, 92121
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About 858 Therapeutics858 Therapeutics is a biotechnology and drug discovery company developing a portfolio of small molecule drugs that act on novel therapeutic targets in oncology, including proteins that regulate RNA and the innate immune response.
858 Therapeutics seeks a highly motivated Associate Scientist or Scientist I level biologist or in vitro pharmacologist with expertise in biochemistry or cell and molecular biology to join our drug discovery team and support research efforts in oncology and immunology. The candidate will be part of a fast-paced research team with responsibilities in designing, executing and interpreting cellular, biochemical, and biophysical high-throughput screening assays used for evaluating small molecule inhibitors to progress drug discovery programs from target validation to clinical development candidate nomination. The qualified candidate will have established experience in biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, or research-related industries.
- B.Sc. or MS degree with 4+ years of hands-on biochemistry, cell or molecular biology experience with 1-2 years industry experience preferred OR Ph.D. degree with 0-2 years industry experience
- The following technical skills will be utilized: basic molecular cloning techniques, lentivirus production, and transduction, CRISPR KO cell line development, biochemical screening, cell culture work, and viability screening, Western blotting, RNA isolation, RT-qPCR, flow cytometry
- Experience performing high-throughput (96-well, 384-well) screens is highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and/or projects
- Attention to detail and ability to perform difficult laboratory techniques
- Proven technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Interest and proven aptitude in learning and applying new laboratory techniques, skills, and instrumentation
- Fluency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and GraphPad Prism
- Maintain an accurate, detailed, clear, and complete laboratory notebook
- Contribute to the general laboratory environment, including cleanliness of the space, lab reagent stocks, and ordering of supplies
CONTACT: Qualified applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference job posting # 20221129B
858 Therapeutics, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.