- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Consumer
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: fandom.com
- Company Address: 130 Sutter St, San Francisco, California 94104, US
About FandomFandom is the world’s largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 300 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is growing! In this new Senior Technical Project Manager position, you will manage development projects on multiple Engineering initiatives. You understand the link between strategic vision and tactical project execution, and can break down complex projects into bite-sized, steps that promote us toward achieving our goals. You will report to our Director of Technical Project Management.
Note: You will work adjusted hours to support our internationally-distributed workforce; i.e., working hours may begin later in the day and end around 7:00pm CET (Monday-Thursday only). This position can work from anywhere in Poland remotely or if you prefer to go to our office in Poznan in Hybrid or daily.
- Coordinate complex projects from kickoff through release, ensuring agreement and coordination across numerous teams
- Create project artifacts; coordinate tasks across all SDLC stages (kickoff to delivery), act as a central contact to guide cross-team communication and champion best practices for assigned teams and projects
- Develop prioritization frameworks and work with Product & Engineering Management to prioritize projects to provide the most value to the company as efficiently as possible
- Create project-level metrics, OKRs; provide to all partners and customize based on our requirements
- Identify and assess risk, escalate concerns, and reduce issues
- Track and facilitate communication for updates/notifications
- Identify risks and opportunities; communicate to leadership for resolution/feedback
- Manage important company partners across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Finance, Community, and Business Operations teams
- Support team development while holding teams accountable for commitments; remove roadblocks to their work; use organizational resources to improve outcomes
- Develop solutions to address important operational challenges, partner pain points, and sources of friction
- Contribute to a positive working environment; manage and advocate for multiple points of view in an objective, collaborative manner, understanding when to escalate issues
- Work with Experts to identify areas of improvement and drive changes; work with teams and internal partners for ongoing process improvements
- Facilitate processes for quarterly roadmap planning, tracking, and organization-wide communication
- 5+ years project management (or equivalent) experience; preferably in Tech
- Experience working with teams on a common goal and work in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with Agile development, continuous improvement methodologies, project management methodologies, KPIs, OKRs, SLAs, root cause analysis, techniques to measure impact and outcomes, and discover requirements
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams across numerous time zones
- English communication skills
- Agile and PMP certifications
- Experience in startups and enterprise-level companies
- Experience working with United States-based companies
- Passion for pop culture (Movies, Games, TV Shows, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, etc.)
Benefits and Perks
- Premium private medical and dental healthcare for you, your partner, and your family - it is fully paid by Fandom
- Private life insurance - UNUM - includes medical child assistance and general medical assistance in Poland
- Stock options
- Cafeteria Benefit Plan - 160 points every month to spend on Multisport or cinema tickets or prepaid shopping cards (Allegro, Zalando, IKEA +)
- Copyright % based on your level
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
Fandom is the world's largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.