- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Life Sciences
- Post Date: 09/23/2022
- Website: championsoncology.com
- Company Address: One University Plaza, Suite 307, Hackensack, NJ, 07601
About Champions OncologyChampions Oncology, Inc. provides an end-to-end range of research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of oncology drug development. Using both in vitro to in vivo testing platforms companies can leverage the expertise at Champions Oncology to help guide decision making for clinical development scenarios.
Champions Oncology provides an end-to-end range of oncology research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of drug development. As a growing Contract Research Organization (CRO), our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and ever adapting to meet the needs and timelines of our pharmaceutical-clients. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
This is a full-time position located in Rockville, MD
We are seeking a qualified Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Technician. The position allows the IHC Technician to perfom numerous immunohistochemistry assays to support preclinical and clinical research projects. A successful candidate will have experience with manual immunohistochemistry, the desire to learn new laboratory methods, great attention to detail, the ability to follow procedures exactly, the ability to multitask, and excellent documentation skills.
- Process and embed tissues and cell lines
- Section paraffin embedded tissues into slides
- Prepare reagents, solutions and control slides
- Label tissue samples and slides
- Perform H&E and special stains
- Perform immunohistochemistry
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment
- Work weekends and holidays on rotating basis
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical or biological science.
- Experience in contract research or industry setting is preferred
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Good organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of clinical testing regulations and standards
Physical demands and work environment
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- All activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.