- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Life Sciences
- Post Date: 09/23/2022
- Website: championsoncology.com
- Company Address: One University Plaza, Suite 307, Hackensack, NJ, 07601
About Champions OncologyChampions Oncology, Inc. provides an end-to-end range of research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of oncology drug development. Using both in vitro to in vivo testing platforms companies can leverage the expertise at Champions Oncology to help guide decision making for clinical development scenarios.
Champions Oncology provides an end-to-end range of oncology research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of drug development. As a growing Contract Research Organization (CRO), our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and ever adapting to meet the needs and timelines of our pharmaceutical-clients. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
Job classification and location: Full-time, hourly (non-exempt) in Rockville, MD.
As a Research Technician in Study Services, you will support in vivo oncology studies in mice. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform in-life technical procedures, handle, restrain, and provide care for all animals
- Observe animals for general health and overall well-being
- Administer therapeutic agents by various routes
- Provide animal welfare assessments, including body weight and tumor volume measurement
- Allocate animals to study and non-study groups
- Provide preoperative animal care
- Euthanize animals as directed in study protocols and directives
- Read study protocols and extract pertinent information
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room/BSC set-up
- Record data using laboratory information management systems
- Work weekends and holidays on rotating basis
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: BS/MS degree in biology, pharmacology, or related field, or minimum of 1 year of related experience
- Experience in contract research animal facility or industry setting is preferred
- AALAS certification preferred
- Experience with preclinical in vivo pharmacology or oncology studies in mice
- Technical in vivo and data analysis skills
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Good planning, organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of animal welfare and clinical testing regulations and standards (e.g. AAALAC, CLIA)
- Ability to follow directions and upper management instructions.
- Ability to work flexible hours
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.