- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Operations
- Industry: Life Sciences
- Post Date: 09/23/2022
- Website: championsoncology.com
- Company Address: One University Plaza, Suite 307, Hackensack, NJ, 07601
About Champions OncologyChampions Oncology, Inc. provides an end-to-end range of research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of oncology drug development. Using both in vitro to in vivo testing platforms companies can leverage the expertise at Champions Oncology to help guide decision making for clinical development scenarios.
Champions Oncology is a technology-enabled research organization that leverages an end-to-end range of research and development solutions to improve the productivity of oncology drug development. Using computational and experimental testing platforms, Champions Oncology improves decision making for effective therapeutic development. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
Support in vivo oncology studies in mice as member of the Study Management team. Duties and responsibilities are:
Assist with all functions related to study phase management
Ensure timely preparation of stock, pre-study, and study phases
Coordinate with Operations, supporting labs, and Project Leadership to ensure accurate study set-up
Prepare, coordinate, and maintain critical timelines for execution of study. Update and maintain dates in SF
Provide feedback/suggestions on Stock and Pre-study cohorts
Assist with improving productivity and increase efficiency, provide metrics as necessary
Assist in the monitoring and measuring of model failures and revenue delays through a variety of knowledge-based tools (such as study overage, discontinuation of models, and study criteria)
Monitor, make recommendations, and develop solutions (to mitigate the risks to study delays) for any roadblocks that would inhibit a study date being met
Communicate changes for affected departments
Maintain and update databases and or other tools as required
Assist in training new staff
Provide project management and liaise with different in vivo departments including Project Leadership
Assist in creating and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Daily data review
Work weekend and holidays as needed
Perform all other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BS degree in biology, pharmacology, or related field, or minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Experience in contract research animal facility or industry setting is preferred
- Experience with preclinical in vivo pharmacology or oncology studies
- Data analysis skills
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Superior planning, organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Sharepoint
- Proficiency in LIMS and procedures used to accomplish data reduction
- Ability to assist with other duties in a dynamic environment
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary. Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.