- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Consumer
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: joinfightcamp.com
- Company Address: 936 W 17th Street, Costa Mesa, CA, 92627
About FightCampFightCamp is a connected at-home boxing gym. With FightCamp you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology — all from the comfort of your home. We have an ever-growing library of boxing & kickboxing workouts designed to keep you engaged, focused, and in the zone. The key to a FightCamp workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology — we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
FightCamp is a connected at-home boxing gym. With FightCamp, you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology — all from the comfort of your home. The key to a FightCamp workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology — we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
The FightCamp iOS app holds over 1000 workouts, drills and adds more than 12 new classes each week. Our customer base has grown to over 30,000 members throughout the US, with over 1.2 billion punches thrown, in just over two years.
We’ve quickly become one of the fastest-growing players in the ever-expanding in-home fitness market, with sales growing 30 times over the last two years. To date, we have raised over $90M in venture capital. We’re committed to shaping the future of at-home fitness and are well-positioned for substantial growth.
FightCamp (formerly known as Hykso) was launched out of Y-Combinator in March 2016.
What We Value
- Collaborative team players with a growth mindset
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality and user experience
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Proactive self-starters
About the Role of Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant role is responsible for the preparation and accuracy of financial accounting records. Assists in the timely preparation of financial and managerial reports, which fairly and accurately reflect the financial position of the entity. This role requires interactions with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
What You Will Do
- Support the month and year-end accounting close, including assigned journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations
- Maintain accounting for all inventory
- Ensure financial records are properly maintained in accordance with US GAAP
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations and prepare the appropriate journal entries
- Provide support to AP function to ensure proper account coding and recording of month-end accruals
- Perform daily/weekly tasks such as postings for routine banking transactions, daily cash activity
- Ensure fixed assets and depreciation schedules are maintained and reconciled to the general ledger
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and document variance analyses
- Assist in providing information requested by the external auditors and tax preparers
- Research complex accounting issues
- Key contributor to proposing and driving improvements to the monthly financial close process
- Additional duties as reasonably required
- Minimum five (5) years of related work experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience with inventory accounting proficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting/Finance.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and application of accounting principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Large/midsize public accounting preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or demonstrated progress toward designation
- Industry experience in manufacturing, retail, or consumer product goods
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Flexible PTO policy
- Free lunches and free snacks (even for remote work)
- Fitness subsidies
- One day, monthly, dedicated to continuous learning/fun projects
- Child care allowance
Come Work With Us
Want your work to have a significant impact on other people’s lives and well-being? At FightCamp, your work will not only shape who you will become professionally but personally. We’re funded, generating revenues, and one of the most dedicated teams you’ll find. Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Shape the future of at-home fitness with us.