- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Consumer
- Post Date: 08/05/2022
- Website: woebothealth.com
- Company Address: 650 5th St, Suite 303, San Francisco, CA 94107, US
About Woebot HealthWoebot Health is the world’s first mental health ally for people and businesses, with scalable, meaningfully engaging AI-powered therapeutic solutions for mental health. From a small tech experiment alleviating anxiety in teens, Woebot Health has grown into an emerging force of change in mental health.
Full Time, Remote
Our mission is to make the best mental health tools radically accessible to everyone.
We’re a venture-backed startup building tools to help millions of people monitor, regulate and ultimately improve their moods. Our tools are primarily chat-based. They’re powered by the latest research in NLP and ML, use scientifically proven techniques from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and are based on 10 years of digital mental health research at Stanford University.
We are redefining how people access mental health care and are building the dream team that’s excited about getting us there. Your ability to translate user needs and clinical principles into buildable solutions will be essential to delivering on that promise.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
Do you want to work in a place where “It’s the right thing to do” is a winning argument? We won’t pretend we don’t have to make tradeoffs about scope or business needs, but everyone here is deeply committed to user safety and well-being. Your job is to design buildable product experiences that bring that vision to life, based on both your expertise in general HCI principles as well as Woebot-specific principles and data. Because the Woebot experience is closely intertwined with how our proprietary conversation management system works, you’ll work on a juicy variety of both app UI and complex platform design problems.
How You’ll Thrive
Your first month
- In your first few weeks, you’ll get to know how the Woebot teams and products work. You’ll catch up on our design principles, what we already know about our audiences, and where we plan to go from here.
- You’ll spend time getting to know our system architecture, what’s easy, and what’s hard.
- You’ll understand the state of our design tools and processes and identify what else you need to be successful.
Your second month
- You’ll work on projects that make Woebot smarter, more usable, and more useful. This might involve anything from helping users gain insight from their data to improving navigation or detailed interactions in the chat UI.
- You’ll begin contributing to product requirements in collaboration with clinicians, writers, PMs, engineers, and the UX research and data teams.
- You’ll work with PM, engineering, and QA to make sure we’re making the right tradeoffs in implementation, timing, and design intent.
Your third month and beyond
- You’ll be leading design efforts that define substantial chunks of our user experience and internal tools. Where necessary, you’ll work with PM, engineering, and content teams to define how our architecture or internal tools should evolve to support improved app experiences.
- Woebot isn’t so much engagement-focused as outcome-focused: what makes people well? You’ll be helping us identify how we can get users to spend the right amount of time in the parts of the product that matter most.
- You’ll take an end-to-end view of the app experience for patients, caregivers, and clinicians.
- You’ll be continually improving how you work across teams, and contributing to UX team growth through mentoring, documentation, or other leadership opportunities that fit your skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience in an interaction design role, with 2-3 leading projects of at least medium scope and complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to select and competently apply design principles and patterns to complex problems, from the conceptual to the detailed design stage. Although you don’t need to be a visual designer, you do need to be visually literate, able to apply an existing design system to your work, and generally aware of iOS, Android, Web, and accessibility conventions.
- Ability to engage with engineers and PMs about object models to ensure they scale and flex for user needs.
- Strong project management, collaboration, and communication skills.
- A commitment to designing based on data rather than opinion, but with sufficient knowledge of the HCI evidence that you’re comfortable making recommendations prior to testing.
- An understanding of the limitations and biases in both your life experience and your methods, and a commitment to minimizing or mitigating those.
- Not required, but it’s a big plus if you have prior experience with:
- Chatbots, voice UIs, or other language-based interfaces
- Adolescents and / or users with mental health concerns
- Content management systems
- Helping consumers learn from their own data
- Portfolio submission is not required for initial application, but we may ask to review 2-3 projects during the interview process
Our Core Values
- Empathic: You’re a compassionate person and a team player motivated to understand others and help them be successful, too. You care as deeply for your colleagues as you do for our mission and our users.
- Growth mindset: You believe abilities – like intelligence and talent – can be developed through dedication and hard work. You see failure as an opportunity to grow and welcome feedback as a pathway to your continued success.
- Humble: You recognize that you are one among many, and you hold a genuine desire to discover what other people can offer. You are intrigued by how others think, and how others feel differently from you. You lean into these moments with patience and curiosity.
- Self-aware: You possess a high level of emotional intelligence, which allows you to understand yourself and others, and to have a healthy emotional life in the workplace.
- Proactive & flexible:You are able to hit the ground running, you take responsibility for finding a way to get the job done. You learn as quickly as possible and sometimes do things outside the immediate scope of your work, giving it all you’ve got.
- Strong work-ethic: You’ve mastered healthy habits in your life that allow you to do great things. You exemplify dedication and commitment to coming up with very good results in your work and inspire others to do the same.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Generous PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision
Woebot is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status