- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Life Sciences
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: 8five8tx.com
- Company Address: 3115 Merryfield Row, Suite 110, San Diego, CA, 92121
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About 858 Therapeutics858 Therapeutics is a biotechnology and drug discovery company developing a portfolio of small molecule drugs that act on novel therapeutic targets in oncology, including proteins that regulate RNA and the innate immune response.
858 Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company headquartered in San Diego and focused on the discovery of novel medicines for the treatment of cancer. We seek a motivated and talented Medicinal Chemist for a Scientist position to contribute to the advancement of a world-class medicinal chemistry program towards the identification of high-quality small molecule therapeutics. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills with a track record of scientific accomplishment as evidenced by publications, patents, and presentations, as well as a demonstrated ability to work collegially in a team environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES: will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Apply contemporary medicinal chemistry principles towards the design of novel organic compounds
2. Practice state-of-art organic synthesis techniques to synthesize, purify, and isolate novel compounds for testing in both in vitro and in vivo assays
3. Develop SAR to advance program directives and communicate scientific findings cross-functionally both internally and externally
4. Maintain an in-depth knowledge on medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, and project-related scientific literature.
CONTACT: Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference job posting #20210629-2
PREREQUISITES: Ph.D. with 0-2 years of relevant work experience or BS/MS with 8+ years relevant experience in the field of drug discovery. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Synthetic organic chemistry and compound purification
- Structure-based drug design
- Ability to integrate biochemical, cell-based, DMPK, and in vivo data and apply to the design of novel molecules