In this role, you will be a part of SmartDrive’s rapidly-growing Transportation Intelligence team. You will have the opportunity to define and execute custom analytical projects involving our customers and external partners. The projects will span a broad set of domains that include driver safety, transportation operations, telematics, driver performance benchmarking, transportation safety research, and insurance.
SmartDrive collects massive volumes of unstructured (video, audio, sensor, etc.) and structured data generated by our commercial fleet customers. Data is transformed into real-time actionable information and insights, predictive analysis and prescriptive actions that drive measurable value for their businesses. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with vast amounts of meaningful data, made accessible through best-in-class analytical and Business Intelligence tools.
- Successfully deliver the Transportation Intelligence projects within the given constraints
- Participate in scoping engagement (statement of work collaboration)
- Provide technical and analytical support to our business development team during the sales and project scoping phase
- Design, develop and implement the analytical workflows to meet project objectives
- Develop domain expertise on the SmartDrive dataset and the processes through which the data was collected
- Identify opportunities to augment the SmartDrive dataset and document these as product enhancements requests for the Engineering team
- Present and communicate the results of analyses in a clear and concise manner
- Streamline the project delivery process in a continuous improvement manner
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years of experience working required, as a data or business analyst that directly supports decision making in a particular business domain
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Experience with analysis of moderate-to-large datasets required
- Ability to design analytical workflows required, including data transformation, analytical data modeling, data visualization, model fitting
- Experience with accessing and analyzing data direct database queries against a variety of data storage technologies (SQL, NoSQL, OLAP, etc.) required
- Proficiency with authoring data visualization with using a Business Intelligence tool required
- Proficiency with Alteryx and/or Tableau required
- Proficiency with a scripting or programming language required
- Experience with spatial data processing required
- Experience with dimensional data modeling a plus
- Proficiency with Python or R programming a plus
- Excellent critical thinking skills required
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience with presenting to external stakeholders and customers
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn on the job new concepts, techniques and tools required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to work effectively engage across functional boundaries required
SmartDrive Systems, the recipient of Frost & Sullivan’s Customer Value Leadership Award for Video Safety Solutions gives fleets and drivers unprecedented driving performance insight and analysis, helping save fuel, expenses and lives. Its video analysis, predictive analytics and personalized performance program help fleets improve driving skills, lower operating costs and deliver significant ROI. With an easy-to-use managed service, fleets and drivers can access and self-manage driving performance anytime, anywhere. The company, which is ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, has compiled the world’s largest storehouse of more than 220 million analyzed risky-driving events. SmartDrive Systems is based in San Diego, and employs over 725 people worldwide.
SmartDrive Systems, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.