Bloom Energy, a fuel cell company and one of Silicon Valley’s most promising startups, is looking for a Senior Staff Equipment Engineer to join its world-class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the manufacturing and development of fuel cell stack manufacturing equipment.
• Manage day-to-day equipment issues in a production environment related to MES.
• Support existing MES integration.
• Develop custom interface and API between production equipment and MES
• Ability to make decisions on key technical issues in a demanding environment.
• Working with design and process engineering to specify, design, source and build integrated automation and process control software.
• Support equipment related projects which includes but not limited to:
o Purchasing of new or used equipment, set-up, qualification and release in production.
o Manage multiple projects in manufacturing environment from maintenance of existing machines to specifying, purchasing and set up of new equipment.
o Integration of different equipment aspects (software and hardware).
Education and Experience:
• BS, or MS degree in computer engineering, computer science or equivalent
• Extensive (6+ years) experience in Equipment Engineering supporting high volume manufacturing.
• Good hands-on systems integration experience, troubleshooting, and start-up and commissioning of equipment into production environment.
• System integration experience in creating custom machine interface between equipment controllers to Factory Information system. OPC servers or SEMI GEM/SECS2 preferred.
• Experienced in C++/C# and database programming.
• Experienced in setup and maintain TCP/IP, Serial communication, and industrial network protocols, such as Modbus, DeviceNet, Profibus or EtherNet/IP.
• Experienced in PLC, HMI, motion control and material handling, including robotics. Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Omron, Siemens, Adept or Epson experience is a plus.
• Superior communication skills, (written, verbal and active listening.)
• Highly motivated self-starter, capable of self management with little to no oversight
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish effective cross-functional working relationships. Ability to effectively participate on multi-disciplinary teams.