Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Staff Algorithm Engineer to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in Sunnyvale, CA
- Developing and prototyping algorithms for various computer vision and deep learning projects
- Create, analyze, design, and implement algorithms in MATLAB, C, Python, and possibly other languages, on diverse processing platforms
- Support development of tools for algorithm verification and validation
- Follow defined software development practices and procedures
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent experience and exceptional ability equivalent
- 3+ years algorithm development experience
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, Python or MATLAB
- Experience in developing model predictive control
- Experience in porting computer vision algorithms to embedded systems and optimizing code
- General familiarity with basic control theory and digital implementation of controls
- Experience with cross functional team interaction
- Experience in electric battery system a plus
- Familiar with GIT (or similar code repository) version control
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy will make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will dramatically change the way that the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed. Bloom’s unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions.
Bloom Energy Servers are currently producing power for many Fortune 500 companies including Apple, Google, Walmart, AT&T, eBay, and Staples, for notable non-profit organizations such as Caltech and Kaiser Permanente and for utilities including PG&E, Southern California Edison, Delmarva Power and Washington Gas. Bloom Energy has more than 180 MW of Bloom Energy Servers installed in the United States. Last year, the company opened a large manufacturing center in Newark, Delaware and completed a number of mission critical projects.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.