Databricks was founded by the creators of Apache® Spark™ and provides a unified analytics platform that allows users to focus on extracting value from their data, while Databricks handles for them the challenging, data-agnostic, parts of analyzing Big Data, such as reliability, easily spin up clusters, code management in notebooks and schedule production jobs.
To achieve this, Databricks offers a cloud-hosted SaaS platform created around Apache Spark. This is where you come in. You should be a software engineer passionate about architecting, developing, deploying and operating the Databricks product. You will build and extend the Databricks cloud offering, which is based on a micro service architecture and includes: a cluster management platform (we use Kubernetes as well as our own management software), user signup and authentication, Spark job scheduling, notebook services, security features in our product such as access control, build infrastructure (we use Bazel), deployment and automation of networking setups, etc.
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production
- Architect solutions to achieve a high level of reliability, scalability and securityCommunicate effectively with other engineers in the same team, with other teams and with various other stakeholders such as product managers
- Operate in an Agile development environment
- 4+ years of production level experience on a full stack product, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Experience with usability and user experience
- Experience with cloud APIs (e.g., a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP or an advanced private cloud such as Google, Facebook)
- Experience with API development
- Experience with software security and systems that handle sensitive data
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment frameworks
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks’ mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Databricks’ founders started the Spark research project at UC Berkeley that later became Apache Spark. Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform powered by Apache Spark for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation