We are starting a new team of Full Stack engineers to work on Databricks web applications out of our Amsterdam office. The mission of this new team will be to create new web applications that give our users insight into the performance of their Spark jobs through debugging and profiling tools. You will contribute to new efforts such as a new Spark UI, profiling tools, or a Data Warehousing UI.
The quickly growing Amsterdam engineering office was started in 2017 and we’re now 15+ engineers working on the core of Spark. The new team you’ll lead will be be our first Full Stack team outside of San Francisco, giving an exciting opportunity to have a big impact on new parts of the Databricks product. You’ll work closely with both the other engineerings teams in Amsterdam who are experts in Spark performance and profiling, and with our teams in San Francisco.
- Write server and client side code for Databricks applications and provide feedback to the pull requests of other team members.
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production
- Communicate effectively with other engineers in the same team, with other teams and with various other stakeholders such as product managers
- Operate in an Agile development environment
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- Production quality coding standards and patterns
- 3+ years of experience building large-scale production web applications
- BS in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real world use cases
- Passionate about your customers. You want to work with them and develop an amazing experience for them.
- Experience working on complex, data-heavy web applications
- Experience with: our web stack (React, Redux, TypeScript, protobuf) and Spark
- Experience with usability and user experience
Databricks’ mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Databricks’ founders started the Spark research project at UC Berkeley that later became Apache Spark. Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform powered by Apache Spark for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation