The Developer Tools team provides the core set of tools that help Databricks engineers go from idea to production. Tools for reading code, writing code, iterative development, testing, code review, continuous integration & deployment, Dev-Tools’ job is to provide a world-class developer environment so our fellow engineers can do their best work of their careers while working at Databricks.
On Dev-Tools team, you will:
- Accelerate the rate at which your colleagues iterate on code and deliver features to customers using the Databricks Platform or Databricks Runtime
- Interact with engineers all across the organization, deeply understanding their work so you can make their lives better
- Become an expert in many more systems, languages and tools than you may normally be comfortable with
- Have leverage and impact: any improvement in efficiency, productivity or happiness pays for itself many times over when multiplied across the entire organization.
You may be a good fit for Databricks’ Developer Tools if you are:
- Passionate about developer experience: you want tools to be fast, CLIs intuitive, giving your colleagues (and yourself) the best experience possible doing development at Databricks.
- Passionate about automation: automated workflows, automated testing, automated deployments, automated monitoring, our job is to automate away any tedious work out of our own lives and that of our fellow engineers
- Able to quickly learn their way around unfamiliar codebases: Dev-Tools routinely dives into unfamiliar third-party projects (in unfamiliar languages!), pushing them far beyond what they say they can do “on the box”
- Have a BS/MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- A collaborative mindset and good communication skills in English
- Experience with build systems
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment frameworks
- Good knowledge of Scala or Java
- Good knowledge of Python
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker
- Good knowledge of Linux OS
- Experience with monitoring frameworks for large systems
- Experience with cloud APIs (e.g., a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP or an advanced private cloud such as Google, Facebook)
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks’ mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Databricks’ founders started the Spark research project at UC Berkeley that later became Apache Spark. Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform powered by Apache Spark for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation