Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Welder to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets Work Instruction’s to determine specific welding requirements.
- Welds in horizontal, vertical, and overhead positons.
- Position and clamps parts together in fixtures.
- Prior to welding, accurately count all pieces to ensure no extra/ missing parts.
- Operate welding equipment according to job guidelines
- Complete required paperwork in a correct and timely manner
- Operate hoist and power lift stand
- Load and unload jigs
- Leak testing finished welding products
- Perform basic job functions as directed safely and efficiently
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and/or Work Instructions exactly as written to produce a quality product
- Fabricate components for use in a solid oxide fuel cell electrical power generator.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on equipment.
- Maintain all machine shop equipment and 5S upkeep
- Notify management of shop consumables (i.e. cutting oils, welding gasses, tooling and bits, etc) in order to maintain inventories
- Create assembly and fabrication fixtures
- Address and recommend improved methods for creating hardware, and assemblies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 1 year experience in TIG Welding, both DC and AC (GTAW), pulsed TIG Welding (GTAW-P), stick welding (SMAW) and Oxy-Acetylene Torch experience
- Experience in vacuum welding will be preferred
- TIG experience with INCONEL/ Stainless steel
- Must be able to read welding prints/ work instructions
- Vocational training and/ or welding certificate preferred
- Must have mechanical skills and able to use basic shop tools and equipment
- 2-3 years working experience preferred where hands on manufacturing practices were required
Credentials: Candidate must have hands on experience welding with a minimum of at least 1 year of experience. As part of the interview process, all candidates will be tested on their level of skill in one or more variation of MIG, TIG, Stick, Oxy-Acetylene tests and must follow best safety practices and procedures in the course of the testing. Bloom will require you to provide written verification of your credentials prior to testing. In the event you have misrepresented your credentials, you will be personally liable for any personal or property damage incurred during your testing.