About the team
We aspire not only to make people more successful by using technology to heighten their thinking but also to build an incredible company while doing so. We are looking for engineers who take pride in building a great product as much as writing superb, well-engineered code. Maybe you are in your element debugging multithreading snafus to make sure we never lose our users data, or perhaps you prefer outdoing designers in your pursuit of pixel-perfection or maybe a little bit of both and more. Either way, you know that through rigorous engineering and well architected code you can improve the lives of millions of users who rely heavily on the productivity experience on our Mac client.
What you will do
- Join a small, close-knit, highly functional team where you will take ownership of big projects and features
- Collaborate closely with PM, QA, Design, Development, and Customer Support teams to identify the best strategies for delivering quality features
- Own complex features from planning through implementation
- Extend and maintain existing frameworks, actively identifying areas for improvement and implementing the changes
What you have done
- You have strong Objective-C and Cocoa frameworks experience
- Experience with Core Data and/or SQL databases
- Proven ability to develop and ship high quality software products
- Record of completing projects on-time and to specification
- Highly adaptable to rapid change and re-prioritization
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Inquisitive and highly-motivated self-starter
Characteristics that will make yousuccessful in this role
A successful candidate has a keen eye for great design and user experience. You have developed applications for any of Apple's platforms and Xcode is like a second home to you. You want to understand how complex software systems work. Your software design skills and knowledge of systems programming lets you build solid applications and frameworks. Adopting best testing practices allows you to find and fix bugs early. You are a tinkerer at heart, and writing great software is just one of your creative outlets.
Our Mac client is very important to us in providing an extraordinary desktop productivity experience. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help us build a well engineered, stable and reliable client with a high quality productivity experience that is used across the globe.
We cultivate team and company builders where we inspire engineers to ask the hard questions and find the right answers to help continue to innovate in this space - the sky is the limit, we would be excited to have you join our team!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.