We’re looking for a seasoned web expert to lead our web marketing team and drive our web channel strategy, from Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO). This role requires someone to use the web to market multiple software products to both consumers and enterprises around the world through thousands of pages of content across multiple languages towards audiences around the globe. This person will have a comprehensive approach (and expertise) to guide user experiences on websites with an eye towards optimizing for different devices, and personalizing for individual use cases. We are open to this role being in our Redwood City or Austin office.
What you’ll do
- Lead our global consumer website (www.evernote.com) marketing team, with an emphasis on the site experience, mobile, personalization and conversion across devices. You'll manage and coach a growing team of front-end and back-end developers.
- Partner with brand and go to market teams to manage SEO across the multitude of Evernote content that exists in written, audio, and video form.
- Build and drive strategy, management and execution of web, digital, and conversion optimization efforts from conception to completion
- You will analyze user experience and metrics while testing new ideas that generate more conversions; analyze website and conversion metrics to drive new recommendations
- You will work with Product Marketing to ensure that the US and international locale websites are updated accordingly with new product features, new products, seasonal initiatives, new site functionality and updated, relevant content.
- Design customer-facing experiments and manage A/B and multivariate optimization (testing and targeting) program to maximize conversion and sign-ups across the Evernote public site and landing pages using standard methodologies, analytics, research insights and usability, customer care feedback to build hypotheses
- You will collaborate with design on creative treatments and usability, working with engineering and A/B testing software to implement, ensuring that the QA and final live experience is correct and as expected, documenting final test results and iterating on insights.
- Drive effective communication and partnership with cross-functional teams including engineering, product, customer care, operations, legal and regulatory to enable best-in-class consumer experience, implement new marketing strategies and implement key roadmap initiatives.
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines such as product design, messaging, and marketing to maintain high quality and consistency across various brand touchpoints
- Work with the Marketing Analytics team to evaluate and report on all aspects of website performance
- Manage deliverables for weekly site development including addressing engineering questions and limitations, design and marketing review, and QA across staging environments, ensuring the public site changes continuously move forward.
What you’ve done
- 5-7 years experience in managing a visually stimulating, highly trafficked and high performing web properties
- You've hired, led, and motivated a web teams before
- Highly skilled at leading and motivating teams and individuals
- Proven web management optimization track record: Deep understanding of web optimization concepts and standard methodologies
- Managed/Led website redesign(s) for a major brand(s) — High Tech, SaaS, Software preferred
- Hands-on experience with deploying and managing Content Management Systems (e.g. SiteCore, CrownPeak, WordPress) or similar proprietary tools
- Expertise with one or many aspects of web development: information architecture, front end web design, back-end web development, user experience, and rich media
- Knowledge and familiarity of Google Analytics, A/B testing tools, or other experimentation software
- Collaborative, perceptive, analytical problem solver; exhibits creative agility
- Great communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Highly organized with the ability to identify and troubleshoot inefficient, unreliable processes
- Excellent project management skills, including work prioritization, planning, and task delegation
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Visual Design, Marketing, similar disciplines, or equivalent experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.