What does a Graphic & Visual Designer mean to us?
We are looking for a kick ass Graphic and Visual Designer. An out-of-box thinker who loves to experiment and understands high visual impact. Has to be super comfortable to work with a wide range of media and use graphic designer software.
The candidate should have worked with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator, Corel Draw and Adobe After Effects(Last one would be a plus) . This is a MUST.
We are in a unique point of time in a unique industry right now. With a product that has no direct competition in a market that is humungous, run by serial entrepreneurs who are easy to work with, backed by the best investors (recently announced a $12.3 mil fund raise by Sequoia, NEA and Prime Ventures) in the world, the only people that can stop us are ourselves.
Given that we are the only real Product company in the world of Financial Services, we need to take our award winning post-product-market-fit product with terrific unit economics, to the next level. In other words, we need to scale.
And as we scale, we need to ensure we keep building our brand. Coming up with better and creative ways of communicating the MoneyTap value proposition through design is always a challenge and something we need to keep innovating upon. Launching and optimizing digital campaigns to ensure we scale without compromising the basic brand is critical. Design would also be used to not only communicate via ads/social but will also be used within the product as well. And as we go ATL, our design will need to create the required differentiation.
- Come up with concept by studying the market requirements
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layouts of art / copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Schedule implementation and define budget constraints.
- Amend final designs
- Rapid experimentation, learn, improve, scale, repeat.
Skills you must have:
- 1-2 years’ Experience (relevant)
- Experience with :
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Corel Draw
- Adobe After Effects (Knowledge is a plus)
- Exposure to the financial industry is a big PLUS
- High energy
- Ability to get s**t done – come what may
- You can't be a jerk, we have zero tolerance no matter how good you are: you have to work with other people
- Passion and a strong sense of ownership, even about things that are not your directly responsibility
Let’s hear from you
There is plenty of available reading about the company and its management team. We expect any serious candidate to spend an hour or two doing some research first. If you think this is your calling, we’d love to hear from you.
To save you time thinking about what cover-email to send and save us time parsing through fluff, here’s broadly what we’d like to hear (not limited to):
- Please attach your portfolio
- Include the bechance link in the mail/resume
- Why do you want to join a FinTech startup and why MoneyTap? We are not looking for ego-massage or playback of our vision. Just 1 paragraph with any kind of specifics, showing you’ve put some thought into it is all we are looking for.
Location, work hours, etc.
We are located at Sigma Tech Park, Varthur, Whitefield. Since this position involves actively being present in the office working with team members, candidates will find it easier to be within 30 minutes commute time from residence. Please expect to work long hours and be "always on". We work every other Saturday(1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month).
MoneyTap is India’s first app-based consumer credit line:
- Recently announced a Series A funding of a total of $12.3Mil from Sequoia, NEA & Prime ventures
- Using their Smartphone app and IndiaStack, consumers go through credit-qualification and a paper-less KYC process in 8 minutes.
- For 3 years, Qualified consumers, 24x7, can use the credit line instantly and flexibly; they can transfer money to a bank account, mobile wallet or a MoneyTap credit card; an EMI is chosen at the time of transfer and it can be as little as Rs.3000 or as much as Rs. 500,000 for tenures ranging from 2-months to 3 years; with no further contact with the bank.
- MoneyTap provides all the technology, digital marketing and risk models and has integrated with Banks to lend on their balance sheet. For some customer segments, MoneyTap shares the risk as well.
- The product was officially launched in September 2016 with RBL Bank & in trials with other NBFCs & Banks. Today it is available in 14 cities across India. Will expand to 50.
- Founders are: Kunal Varma (IIT, ISB), Anuj Kacker(ISB) & Bala Parthasarathy(IIT)
- More details can be seen in this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1wCvCPTxVo
Be a part of a stellar team. Build a world class product.
But here are 5 more reasons why you should join our tribe.
- This is an exciting early stage startup in the FinTech space, based out of Bangalore. This space has seen significant investments. Last year the sector attracted $12Bn in venture money globally, up from $3bn the year previous. In India, with the increase in aadhaar cards, the launching of the Jan Dhan Yojana scheme to get people to open bank accounts and the penetration of mobile internet - there is a huge focus on getting the un-banked and financially under-served population within the formal financial ecosystem. 'Financial inclusion' is an important objective for the government. (Google 'JAM' by Nandan Nilekani and Raghuram Rajan.)
- The product is a mobile first product. The web will be available to only drive downloads and search. Through the app and our technology, we will sell financial products like banking solutions, insurance, loans etc to the customers. This is in line with the 'financial inclusion' vision.
- The team that is executing this has run and exited multiple businesses in India and Silicon Valley. Currently we are a ~40 member team.
- We have already raised significant money from top VCs. This has been largely on the strength of the idea and the team.
- For anyone who joins at this stage, it will be a great way for them to set the product direction and get in early into a startup that is going to grow very fast.