At Sisu, we're building a software platform that empowers people to make better decisions using data. Based on years of cutting-edge data systems research at Stanford, the platform provides actionable insights to businesses from their data. Sisu integrates with modern data warehouses, which provide a streaming, structured view of key business metrics and their relationships with first-party organizational data. We draw on novel techniques from data mining, statistical analysis, and machine learning to produce these insights and deliver them through an elegant, modern web interface.
You will be responsible for investigating and developing state-of-the-art algorithms in Sisu’s large-scale streaming structured data context. ML engineers at Sisu deliver their features end-to-end, from Jupyter notebook to production, and we’re looking for an early team to set the tone for doing this right as the ML team scales.
What you'll accomplish:
- Develop and institute robust feeds of machine learning data from the platform
- Deliver state-of-the-art algorithms to production for
- forecasting time series
- personalized ranking
- robust statistical analysis of key customer business metrics
- Build and maintain the infrastructure for data and model management
- Provide thought leadership to the Sisu design and engineering teams for ML-adjacent components
- Give talks, write blog posts, and produce peer-reviewed publications about ML at Sisu
What you'll need to be successful:
- Strong technical communication skills
- Deep understanding of hypothesis testing and the calculus of probability
- Comfort with data processing tools, like scipy, numpy, pandas, Spark
- Software engineering experience or equivalent: forecasting deadlines, modular design, testing, code review, working with new code bases
- Mature Python proficiency
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience for basic understanding of data structures, algorithms, and system design
Sisu is looking for machine learning professionals interested in defining the shape of ML at Sisu. ML is integral to Sisu’s value proposition: our customers have invested heavily in storing structured data in new-generation warehouses. Your impact is providing a multiple on the analytics value that organizations can derive from data and integrate in their business-level decision-making processes.
Sisu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.