Incorporated in 2008, Boku is one of the world’s leading providers of carrier billing and mobile identity solutions. Using nothing more than a user’s mobile phone, Boku’s technology can verify a user’s identity, execute a payment, or provision a new service, radically simplifying common, everyday mobile interactions between consumers and businesses. This is possible because Boku’s platform can access the internal billing, identity, and sales systems of mobile operators globally. Businesses who utilize Boku’s platform include major brands such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, Sony, Facebook, Spotify, Netflix, Paypal, Experian, Fiserv, Western Union, Uber, and Discover. Boku was originally financed through top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Benchmark, DAG Ventures, Index Ventures, Khosla Ventures and NEA. Today, Boku is publicly traded on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange (AIM: BOKU.L)
We’re a small company, but we have a global reach. We work face-to-face with colleagues and collaborate across disciplines. But our clients, partners and operations are all over the world. Boku is a busy, exciting, and demanding place to work, but it’s the people that make the company. The mix of cultures, viewpoints, and experiences are vital for a global company like ours and every person’s contribution is valued. If you are looking for a new challenge in an exciting, innovative and international working environment, we are the ideal company for you.
- Build third party web service integrations.
- Build layered component-based, service-oriented architectures.
- Engage in all phases of software development life cycle from design, to development and testing.
- Develop new features and enhance existing applications.
- Help troubleshoot production issues.
- Foster the spirit of collaboration across multiple internal and external teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 3+ years of industry experience
- Java/JEE technologies as the main software development language
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders across the globe
- Excellent English Language Skills
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Experience with Mobile Operators or SMS systems
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Experience working on high-volume and low-latency systems
- Experience integrating with third party web services across a variety of technologies, e.g. REST, SOAP, SMPP
- Experience with some (or all) of the following technologies/frameworks/tools: Maven, Git, MySQL, JMS, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Jersey, JMX, Jetty, Hessian.
- Work from Home 4/5 days
- Free lunch on office day
- Equity incentive program
- 29 Vacation Days