When there's a choice, you pick quality over quantity every time. That's because you know successful marketing is about starting the right conversation with the right person at just the right time. And you've got a knack for timing.
Chances are you've had a hand in some marketing programs that've turned heads. You've also held your nose when "executives" told you to spam a one-size-fits-all message at "the database." That's not us. We've got our eye on the long game. And it starts with you.
Are you looking to build your marketing career at a company where sales and marketing dance to the same tango? Are you passionate about growing your skills? Intrigued by the chance to work creatively somewhere that gives you the tools and training to do it in new ways ? If so, we should talk.
Working alongside the Manager of Account Based Marketing (ABM), you'll bring together the marketing skills you've already dabbled in (or more). Whether you've worked in field marketing, digital marketing, demand gen or marketing ops, you'll tie those skills together with new ones to make our outbound marketing programs sing and build pipeline for a sales team that truly appreciates what you do.
Expel’s ABM program relies on research, technology and expertise about our audience. You’ll work with whip-smart marketing, sales and service delivery teams to make sure our programs are delivering value to companies and people who we know are good fits for our service. The best part? These programs work and you’ll love measuring the results by the millions as you add up the dollars of new pipeline and revenue you create.
What Expel Can Do For You
- Surround you with creative marketing and sales teams that strive to go beyond the status quo.
- Give you experience working in a fast-growing environment with a team who truly cares about doing meaningful work.
- Give you the opportunity to pour your creativity into new ideas in a dynamic, adaptable team environment.
- Provide you the satisfaction of seeing your marketing efforts translate to sales pipeline dollars.
- Grow your long-term career by giving you opportunities to continually learn and become an authority in B2B ABM.
What You Can Do For Expel
- Use a panoply of marketing technologies to execute ongoing ABM plays including Everstring, Sendoso, TechTarget, ZoomInfo, Drift and LinkedIn Sales Navigator and other technologies you'll help us discover.
- Organize and manipulate large spreadsheets of target account data with meticulous attention to accuracy.
- Import contacts into HubSpot and Salesforce.com campaigns, monitor progress and measure results.
- Work with our sales development team to ensure everything is running smoothly.
- Manage part-time contractors who help us research target prospects.
- Order giveaway items from outside vendors and make sure we have the right amount on our shelves to support ABM programs.
- Identify improvements to our ABM processes that'll increase efficiency.
- Contribute ideas for new ABM plays.
What You Should Bring With You
- Examples of marketing tactics you’ve used and ideas about what worked, what didn't and why across one or more of the following: email, direct mail, gifting, web chat, field sales support, give-aways, events, social media and webinars.
- Unusual internet research skills that can discover target accounts and prospects using tools like Discover.org and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Experience using CRM software like Salesforce.com including building reports and importing contacts.
- Experience working with marketing automation tools like Hubspot, Marketo or Eloqua.
- A desire to learn about newer marketing technologies that measure buyer intent, prospect fit and engagement.
- An eagle-like eye that lingers over the details until they're just right and can spot opportunities to improve processes over time.
- Experience twisting large, unruly spreadsheets into submission.
- Strong project management skills that you can wield to make multiple projects hit tight deadlines.
- Ideally, experience collaborating with sales development reps (SDRs) (though you may also call them BDRs or inside sales).
- A Bachelor’s degree or a compelling story.
- 3 years of business-to-business marketing experience, preferably at a tech company (or even better ... at a security company).
- A sense of humor
We’re looking to hire someone to work from our Herndon, VA office.