Who we are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team uses this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding and enthusiastic project manager to join our team to help manage our Therapeutics programs and lead pan-portfolio operational projects.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for partnering with scientific project team leaders and managing multiple therapeutic projects to successful and timely decision points from the early and late research phases through early development.
- Manage collaboration on projects with industry partners. Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define deliverables and ensure they are provided within established scope, timeline, and budget.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project timelines and ensure accurate inputs are provided by all functional leads. Ensure alignment with functional representatives.
- Prepare and track project team budgets including resources and costs. Work with the Finance team to incorporate the project level budgets into the overall budget.
- Communicate, document and archive project team activities and decisions. Work closely with the scientific project lead and act as a primary contact for project team related information.
- Facilitate project core team meetings and decision making, ensuring alignment with project team members and other key stakeholders.
- Provide regular competitive assessments of our current and future Therapeutic programs and specific therapeutic areas.
- Lead key operational initiatives for the Therapeutics team (e.g. budget planning process, time tracking, portfolio management, communications).
What you’ll bring
- MS/PhD in Biology, with at least 5 years of project management experience in the biotech industry
- Experience managing drug development programs from early and late stage research phases through early development
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to cut to the heart of a problem, create a solution, and build consensus around that solution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines and to motivate others to meet deadlines without formal authority
- Ability to manage a range of complex, high-impact projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively identify issues or challenges from a scientific, legal, privacy, or business perspective
- Outstanding cross-functional teamwork: works collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with others
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Good working knowledge of pharmaceutical drug discovery and development
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.