Incorporated in 2008, Boku is one of the world’s leading providers of carrier billing and mobile identity solutions. Using nothing more than a user’s mobile phone, Boku’s technology can verify a user’s identity, execute a payment, or provision a new service, radically simplifying common, everyday mobile interactions between consumers and businesses. This is possible because Boku’s platform can access the internal billing, identity, and sales systems of mobile operators globally. Businesses who utilize Boku’s platform include major brands such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, Sony, Facebook, Spotify, Netflix, Paypal, Experian, Fiserv, Western Union, Uber, and Discover. Boku was originally financed through top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Benchmark, DAG Ventures, Index Ventures, Khosla Ventures and NEA. Today, Boku is publicly traded on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange (AIM: BOKU.L)
We’re a small company, but we have a global reach. We work face-to-face with colleagues and collaborate across disciplines. But our clients, partners and operations are all over the world. Boku is a busy, exciting, and demanding place to work, but it’s the people that make the company. The mix of cultures, viewpoints, and experiences are vital for a global company like ours and every person’s contribution is valued. If you are looking for a new challenge in an exciting, innovative and international working environment, we are the ideal company for you.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Product Manager to scale the existing platform and identify new products to expand Boku Identity’s product suite.
- Own the Product roadmap for Boku Identity.
- Develop, manage and communicate the product roadmap to both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering, design and marketing teams to plan, build and launch high-quality products that align with the roadmap.
- Drive effort prioritization with a clear understanding of benefits and tradeoffs.
- Write specs, UI/UX wireframes, manage execution and define product roll-out plan.
- Monitor customer usage to identify new product insights.
- Perform market/competitive analysis and influence product roadmap and execution of business strategy to maximize opportunity and counter competitive threats.
- Evaluate, establish and manage key technology partnerships to enhance the Mobile Identity platform and offerings.
- Represent Boku Identity in both pre and post sales interactions.
- Grow towards managing a team of Product Managers.
- Proven work experience in product management or management consulting.
- Solid technical understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or similar field.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience interacting with customer or clients.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Ability context switch seamlessly.
- Confidence working in a startup environment.
- Capable of being self-directed and independent.