Sports teams sell hundreds of millions of dollars each in sponsorships every year, with brands investing upwards of tens of millions or more across the globe. In a world that is now driven by analytics, there is more scrutiny than ever in where every dollar is spent and what a return on investment looks like.
GumGum Sports is an AI-Powered Sponsorship Measurement Platform that analyzes the earned media value that brands generate from their sponsorships across broadcast TV, social media and streaming platforms. Leveraging computer vision technology, we provide the most comprehensive, automated, and accurate measurement software to value sponsorships. Sports teams can provide a 360º view of how their sponsors get value across every digital medium, and sponsors can measure who drives their highest return on investment.
GumGum Sports is looking for an experienced data strategist to join our team in either NYC or Santa Monica to support our rapidly expanding global sports technology business. The Director of Business Insights and Analytics will sit at the center of an integrated team, leading our Business Insights team, but working closely with the rest of our Customer Success Group which includes client operations and account management. Leveraging GumGum’s vast proprietary data, this person will lead the development of insights and narratives that inform the recommendations we put forth to our clients and the industry. This person will have ownership of the look, feel and visual identity of our client reports and will also play a critical role in managing our RFP responses, developing thought leadership pieces and managing special data projects. The Director of Business Insights and Analytics will also manage any of our third-party data needs.
- Lead, mentor and train the Business Insights team, and manage and elevate the reporting that we are providing our clients on a regular basis
- Leverage both quantitative disciplines and creativity to translate data into actionable insights through data visualization
- Manage and prioritize reporting requests and needs
- Lead the development of insights, trends, benchmarks and best practices across global sports properties that will drive value to our clients and prospects
- Develop a new look and feel for our client templates with enhanced use of data visualization
- Manage 3rd party data and secondary research tools to augment our capabilities and deliverables
- Partner with Sales on the crafting of RFP responses that highlight power of our data and platform
- Work with Sales and PR to develop insights for case studies and thought leadership pieces that will drive market interest and leads
- Propose new data/analytic opportunities that could potentially grow our business, improve operational efficiency, or create new product offerings
- Contribute to overall data/analytics strategies by supporting cross training and knowledge sharing
- Lead tracking and monitoring of competitive marketplace to identify GumGum’s gaps and opportunities for enhancement
- Proven track record of providing compelling insights that drive actionable results
- Curious thought leader who has the skills required to understand client opportunities and design and deliver insights that meet their objectives
- A self-starter who is passionate about getting data, using data, making sense of data, and helping others benefit from making analytics driven decisions
- Structured thinker that is capable of problem-solving and also has the ability to translate data into meaningful narratives and data visualizations
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
- Team-first orientation with strong ability to collaborate across internal, external and client teams
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical capacity/problem solving and communication skills
- Strong writing skills and data visualization skills with prior experience developing thought leadership pieces
- High performer with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Experience in project management and prioritization in a fast-paced organization
- Experience with Looker or any other BI tools; familiarity with SQL, database, table design, data aggregation, data validation, etc.
- 8-10 years of work experience with a minimum of 5 years in data/analytic roles
- BA/BS degree in Math/Stats, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related quantitative field
- Stock options
- Great medical/dental plans
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free snacks and regular happy hours
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.