Expanse, a San Francisco-based company, provides IT and security teams with complete visibility of the assets and risks on their global Internet Edge. This enables our customers, Fortune 1000 companies and the US government, to quickly and efficiently eliminate these risks. Through technology and service expertise, we surface and help remediate Internet Edge risks to prevent large breaches and successful attacks.
Expanse has raised over $65 million of funding from Founders Fund, NEA, IVP, and TPG. We were founded in 2012, after the founders met at DARPA.
As a product manager for Expander you will be responsible for defining market requirements, coordinating go-to-marketing, and managing features for one or more of our Enterprise SaaS Cybersecurity products. This position involves close interaction with customers, development leads, engineers, data scientists, field engineers, and support. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working to support the sales channel and key customers.
This role is a key influencer who exposes use cases and requirements from customers, sales, competitive analysis, and customer success and manages the product and feature lifecycle from concept through to field enablement. Job duties include gathering requirements from customer and internal stakeholders, defining, prioritizing, and tracking functional requirements, and monitoring delivery. A very strong technical background is required.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the product strategy and roadmap for one or more SaaS products and product features
- Create user stories for current and future products based on the market’s problems
- Work closely with customers, pre-sales, and post-sales to drive requirements for and to prioritize feature asks
- Work closely with Engineering to turn unique technologies into differentiated products that solve real customer needs
- Adroitly make strategic and tactical feature tradeoffs with Engineering to meet delivery timelines
- Determine requirements and prioritization leveraging customer and stakeholder input with product insight
- Understand customer pain and Customer Success projects to uncover new product opportunities and features
- Create core processes and engage in ongoing management of Product responsibilities such as feature releases, release cycles, and bug bashes
- Intimately understand competitors and how to beat them
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least 2 years as a working Product Manager focused on software for enterprise security, IT, networking, or analytics
- Experience in an growth-stage company environment incorporating best practice agile scrum development and lean startup principles
- Demonstrated leadership in driving product vision within a collaborative environment with many of stakeholders
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Able to influence without authority, collaborating with technical and cross-functional teams who do not report into this role to get things done
- Able to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision, including economics/business plan
- Comfortable making decisions with imperfect information
- Experience driving user interface design for usability
- Proficient interpersonal skills: personable yet persistent and persuasive
- This position requires domestic travel to customers and prospects up to 20 percent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or equivalent technical experience
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 50% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- 20 vacation days with 10 company holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401k Plan
- Pre-tax commuter & FSA benefits
- Monthly contribution to phone bill
- Relocation assistance available
- Stocked kitchen + catered lunch and dinner
- New hire office productivity budget - $300
- Quarterly discretionary team building stipend
- On-site activities such as Lunch and Learns, Speaker Series, Game Night, and Trivia Night
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
- Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Expanse Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.