We’re looking for a rockstar Senior Software Engineer to join our team. Smartdrive’s customer facing tools are the core of our business, and our internal applications drive future growth. You’ll be a leader, helping us to build a modern set of frameworks, services, and applications and continue our success in the transportation space.
Frontend: React, MobX, GraphQL, ES6, Webpack, Jest, Node.js, Typescript
Backend: Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis, Kubernetes, Docker, Go, Python, Scala, Java
We are an agile team following scrum methodologies. We use Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence for issue tracking, source control, code reviews, and documentation. We hold stand ups, retros, planning meetings, and demos on a regular basis. Slack is our daily driver, and we frequently work on voice and video calls.
Smartdrive engineers are trusted with the responsibility of designing and developing software that embraces quality and reliability while delivering stunning UX and performance across all platforms. Your role will be to spearhead these efforts and be a leader and mentor for others on the engineering team, specifically by
- Developing front end frameworks and browser + native applications that enable all SmartDrive services and solutions.
- Partnering with UX, product, QA, operations, and other technical team leads in design, test, release planning, and coordination.
- Diagnosing, characterizing, and addressing performance and cross platform stability issues.
- Leading design reviews and code reviews for components and systems
- Prototyping and championing new technology introductions to the platform
- Effectively representing our technical capabilities and strategies to diverse internal teams, as well as to external partners and customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BS degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years strong development and leadership experience in our stack
- 2+ years of significant experience with advanced mobile and desktop HTML5 applications
- Strong visual developer, with demonstrated history of working effectively with user experience and graphic design teams
- A team player that works hard, admits his/her strengths and weaknesses, and has the flexibility to improve by learning new things
- Experience interfacing with data access layers for SQL and NoSQL systems (Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redis)
- Full-stack experience, ranging from IOT/Edge to Front End, Services, Data layer
- Strong preference for large scale telematics, autonomous/semi-autonomous driving, GIS visualization, and reporting/dashboarding experience
- Experience with Go, Python, .NET, Scala, Java
- Experience driving and leveraging CI/CD and robust build/test/profiling automation (Jenkins, NPM, Spinnaker)
- Experience building modern native applications for iOS and Android
- Preference for demonstrated experience with cloud-based analytics platforms (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience with web and public/private cloud infrastructure (AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, Nginx/Apache)
- Demonstrated history of developing frameworks that are effectively leveraged by other developers
SmartDrive Systems, the recipient of Frost & Sullivan’s Customer Value Leadership Award for Video Safety Solutions gives fleets and drivers unprecedented driving performance insight and analysis, helping save fuel, expenses and lives. Its video analysis, predictive analytics and personalized performance program help fleets improve driving skills, lower operating costs and deliver significant ROI. With an easy-to-use managed service, fleets and drivers can access and self-manage driving performance anytime, anywhere. The company, which is ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, has compiled the world’s largest storehouse of more than 220 million analyzed risky-driving events. SmartDrive Systems is based in San Diego, and employs over 725 people worldwide.