If you are passionate about sales, driven to succeed, have strong interpersonal skills, enjoy working with leading-edge technology and want to collaborate with highly talented people than SmartDrive’s Regional Sales Representative (RSR) is for you!
This newly created quota-carrying role is designed specifically for inside sales wanting to move to outside, those early-in-their-sales career or recent college graduates desiring a path for growth.
A SUCCESSFUL RSR WILL BECOME:
- Customer oriented with the ability to start, maintain and grow customer relationships
- An effective communicator, able to assist valued prospects with a strategic technical solution approach customized to specific business requirements
- An industry leader, able to influence the opinions and overcome challenges while recommending the best solution for the client.
- Highly knowledgeable about Challenger Selling
- Well versed and competent on all facets of field sales, to include Salesforce, forecasting, sales methodology, contracting, pricing and internal collaboration and partnership with internal functions supporting the sales organization.
In this role, and with close mentorship from both the Regional Sales Manager, Director of Sales and Executive Vice President of Field Sales you are responsible for selling the company’s driver improvement fleet management safety solutions to new accounts. You will be focused on smaller fleets within a specific geographic location and/or non-geographical vertical sectors and developing and converting opportunities into sales.
- Sell SmartDrive solutions and services to companies in the commercial fleet environment
- Develop and implement territory plan to maximize exposure and opportunities
- Develop new opportunities within an assigned sector
- Regularly provide accurate forecast information to upper management relative to each opportunity
- Forecast sales opportunities in Salesforce.com following the SmartDrive sales process
- Manage any and all activities and opportunities in assigned territory within the existing Salesforce.com CRM
- Create and maintain Strategic Account Management Plans for specific high profile opportunities
- Clearly demonstrate and articulate to potential customers what the best SmartDrive solution is based upon their needs
- Consistently over-achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Perform as a team player and demonstrate an ability to be flexible and deployable in a rapidly growing company and ever changing marketplace
- Trade show and other marketing event support
- Overnight and occasional weekend travel may be required
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (minimum BA/BS). Business, Sales, Marketing, Communications, IT, Computer Science or Finance degrees preferred.
- Sales experience required (including retail sales, corporate internships or entrepreneurial programs)
- Excellent listening skills
- Clear, concise and compelling communication and presentation skills
- Works well on own and with others
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines
- Problem solving
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Highly organized
SmartDrive Systems, the recipient of Frost & Sullivan’s Customer Value Leadership Award for Video Safety Solutions, gives fleets and drivers unprecedented driving performance insight and analysis, helping save fuel, expenses and lives. Its video analysis, predictive analytics and personalized performance program help fleets improve driving skills, lower operating costs and deliver significant ROI. With an easy-to-use managed service, fleets and drivers can access and self-manage driving performance anytime, anywhere. The company, which is ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, has compiled the world’s largest storehouse of more than 200 million analyzed risky-driving events. SmartDrive Systems is based in San Diego, and employs over 725 people.