Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Receptionist to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This contract position will be based in Sunnyvale, CA.
Role and Responsibilities
- Answer, screen and transfer all incoming calls
- Meet and greet all visitors and assist them in a prompt and professional manner
- Maintains security by following procedures; and issuing visitor badges
- Receive, sort and distribute mail and faxes
- Prepare and send out packages via USPS, UPS and FedEx
- Data Entry
- Copying and filing
- Calendar meetings for office staff
- Perform general administrative duties
- Support Bloom Energy Executive Administrators when necessary
- Work on Special Projects assigned by management when needed
- Run office errands and pick up lunches when required
- Exercise complete discretion and confidentiality at all times
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of receptionist work experience in a corporate environment managing a busy phone system
- Experience working in a high traffic environment meeting and greeting executive level personnel
- Flexibility to meet ever-changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task and very efficient
- Experience assisting with light administrative office duties
- Possess a friendly yet professional and tactful demeanor
- Communicate in a friendly approachable manner by phone and in person
- Outgoing personality, positive attitude, be a true team-player
- Ability to remain calm and friendly under pressure
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook software programs
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy will make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will dramatically change the way that the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed. Bloom’s unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions. Pioneering a new class of stationary fuel cells, Bloom is not just creating a new product or company; it is driving a whole new industry.
As one of Silicon Valley’s most promising startups, Bloom was the first clean energy technology investment for Kleiner Perkins and NEA, two of Silicon Valley’s most revered venture capital firms. The company has assembled a super-star board, experienced management team, and top-notch technical staff. Bloom Energy is growing quickly and is looking to add to its dynamic team.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.