Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Staff Electrical Design Engineer to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in Sunnyvale, CA
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical content of, overseeing, and developing electrical site designs. Additional responsibilities may include minor mechanical, civil, structural and plumbing details.
- Responsible for reviewing 3rd party designs and custom equipment solutions. Produce project specific drawings and documents as needed.
- Interface directly outside 3rd parties including but not limited to utilities, Permitting Authorities, 3rd party design firms, and customers to determine technical requirements for fuel cell installation at the customer site.
- Ensure resulting construction drawings/documents meet all Building, Construction and Electrical code requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring site design conforms to specifications required for the implementation of Bloom Energy fuel cell systems.
Skills and Experience:
- BSEE with power systems focus.
- Knowledge of codes (NEC, NFPA), standards (Rule 21 and other interconnection standards) and regulations (city, state and federal).
- Ability to switch between the strategic (e.g. impact of Bloom Energy technology on customer’s long term business) and tactical (e.g. qualification of 3rd party equipment).
- Professional & collaborative – comfortable working closely with a team.
- Proactive and persistent with well-developed analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to drive complex tasks to closure.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
Education and Experience:
- BSEE. PE license highly desired
- 5 - 6 years of relevant experience in power generation and critical load system design with experience stamping drawings/letters.
- Construction and/or Facility maintenance experience
- Experience in power generation installation
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD & ETAP
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy will make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will dramatically change the way that the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed. Bloom’s unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions.
Bloom Energy Servers are currently producing power for many Fortune 500 companies including Apple, Google, Walmart, AT&T, eBay, and Staples, for notable non-profit organizations such as Caltech and Kaiser Permanente and for utilities including PG&E, Southern California Edison, Delmarva Power and Washington Gas. Bloom Energy has more than 180 MW of Bloom Energy Servers installed in the United States. Last year, the company opened a large manufacturing center in Newark, Delaware and completed a number of mission critical projects.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.