Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Sr. Development Engineer, NPI to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in Sunnyvale, CA
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and document new processes and qualification plans and drive process transitions from Product Development to Production.
- Collaborate with Product Development, Process Engineering, Manufacturing and other Cross-functional teams to establish process windows, create specifications, enhance manufacturability, improve yield and qualify vendors.
- Develop and execute test plans to qualify new metrology, inspection and measurement systems and present results and data analysis to Technical teams.
- Creates work instructions and other associated process documentation to facilitate process transfers to Manufacturing.
- Work with manager or higher-level engineers to conduct studies on investigating process, yield issues and process improvements.
Skills and Experience:
- BS or Higher in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering or Equivalent.
- 0-4 yrs working in Process and/or Materials Development.
- Prior experience working in a Development/Lab environment performing careful experimentation, data analysis, and troubleshooting and root cause analysis is highly desirable.
- Familiarity and/or experience with DOE, statistical analysis, process control using JMP or other software is preferred.
- Good communication skills, (written, verbal and active listening), presentation skills and easy to work with in a Team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of self- management with little oversight.
- Ability to manage time well on multiple projects.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy is a provider of a revolutionary on-site power generation system called the Bloom Energy Server® based on proprietary fuel cell technology that provides 24x7 firm power that is reliable, clean and cost effective. With nearly 200 MW deployed, Bloom Energy Servers produce power for companies including Apple, Wal-Mart, AT&T, eBay and FedEx, as well as notable non-profit organizations such as Caltech and Kaiser Permanente. Also, with its Mission Critical Systems practice, Bloom Energy provides grid-independent power for critical loads in data centers and manufacturing. The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.