Bloom Energy is seeking to add a Senior Manager for Project and Market Development to its business development team focused primarily on project and new market development. This position will have responsibility for managing project development efforts including managing cross-functional teams for utility-scale projects, operationalizing new strategic partnerships, responding to RFPs, and supporting new market strategy and entry. This position will require a strong presence in front of external executive-level personnel and be able to communicate effectively. This position will also require creative problem-solving.
This team member will work cross-functionally and collaboratively with Bloom's marketing, engineering, regulatory, and finance teams to identify, enable, and execute new projects in new and existing markets. This position will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the company’s direction, growth, and overall energy industry.
- Identify, develop, and execute Bloom’s utility-scale project development efforts and potential partners in those markets
- Project manage cross-functional teams to execute product offerings and proposals
- Market to utilities, IPPs, and other potential utility-scale customers
- Complete quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Quantitative analyses will include significant cash flow modeling, forecasting addressable markets and customers
- Qualitative analyses will include analyzing commercial terms and conditions in contracts and regulatory analysis of impact to Bloom
- Manage relationships with consultants, partners, and potential customers
- Achieve measurable results and targets for all of the new potential markets
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to execute and manage cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical, financial, and presentation skills
- Experience in project development, financial/ banking industry, management consulting a plus
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Ability to create, manipulate, and synthesize financial models
- Strong experience and understanding of the energy sector required
- Creative problem-solving and ability to work with ambiguity
- Drive for quick results with vision of long term strategy
- Strong self-starter who is a team player and can work independently
- Ability to be externally facing and conduct potential customer and partner meetings
- A strong desire to challenge and change the status quo for success and significance
- Ability to act independently in an unstructured environment, operate proactively and have a passion and appreciation for the vision and mission of the company
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy will make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will dramatically change the way that the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed. Bloom’s unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions. Pioneering a new class of stationary fuel cells, Bloom is not just creating a new product or company, it is driving a whole new industry.
As one of Silicon Valley’s most promising startups, Bloom was the first clean energy technology investment for Kleiner Perkins and NEA, two of Silicon Valley’s most revered venture capital firms. The company has assembled a super-star board, experienced management team, and top-notch technical staff. Bloom Energy is growing quickly and is looking to add to its dynamic team.