About this role
Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our crash reporting platform helps almost a million developers and tens of thousands of software teams at some of the internet's most loved websites/apps (Dropbox, Uber, Airbnb, Stripe, Atlassian, and many more) discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time building software.
Sentry is looking for an experienced backend engineer in our Austin office to help build new product features, scale Sentry to support our fast-growing user base, and assist in making important backend technology and implementation decisions. Our Austin "office" is just one other engineer right now, so this role is perfect for anyone with experience working remotely and/or likes the feel of startup but the stability of a thriving business.
If you're excited about the challenges that come along with processing over one billion events per day, start thinking of your new hire gif now!
You'll be responsible for:
- Implementing back-end services and API endpoints to help drive product initiatives
- Working with a modern technology stack that includes Python, Rust, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Riak
- Ensuring our platform continues to scale to serve customers
- Pursuing architecture and tooling improvements so that our development team can ship code faster and more confidently
- Both reviewing code and having your code reviewed by your peers with an insistence on quality and reliability
You'll love this role if:
- You're more interested in technology and tools that work, rather than proving out the latest fads in production
- You like to understand and make an impact in many places across the product and codebase, rather than focusing solely on a single project
- You want to contribute to open source code every day, and you like engaging with the community both online and in person at conferences and meetups
Example projects by members of our team:
- 4+ years relevant experience
- In Austin or willing to relocate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Bonus: experience contributing to or maintaining open source projects
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.