About this role
At Sentry, our customers are software engineers just like us. That’s why everyone at Sentry contributes to customer relationships, answering issues, and helping solve our customer’s problems. Solving their problems can be complex and challenging, though, and often demands both a technical background and a solid knowledge of our product, so we’re looking for people who can help us serve our users!
Sentry is building out our small but mighty Sales Engineering team to serve as technical advocates throughout our customer's journey. As our second Sales Engineer, you’d be a crucial lever in helping our customers realize value from Sentry products. From providing technical demonstrations to advising customers on implementation best practices, you’re all in to make the customer wildly successful.
If you are a developer or a technologist who is fascinated by the inner workings of the business side, and if you’re looking to join a fast-growing team delivering real value through an amazing product, we’re looking for you!
- Enjoy talking technology and interfacing with engineers
- Love flexing your creative brain by developing resources and content from scratch (code samples, demos, sales-consumable collateral/documents, etc.)
- Have a fast-paced, results-driven mindset
- Love developers tools, open source, and/or all things software development life cycle!
- Bringing technical expertise to customer demos, trials, implementations, and tickets
- Developing best practices, educational offerings, and content around error management, open source, or the Sentry product (ex: “how-to” articles and/or videos on specific functionality of the product)
- Providing workshop-level interaction to customers in order to drive maturity of use and broader adoption
- 3+ years as a Sales Engineer (preferred), Implementation Consultant, Support Engineer, or Software Developer with experience leading projects and/or working with customers
- Understanding of sales processes in a high transaction sales environment
- Experience selling and working with pure SaaS solutions (experience selling/implementing infrastructure tools is a plus) and proven track record of success driving revenue through technical interactions with prospects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Contribute to an open source product used by tens of thousands of developers and companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.