We're looking for a Product Designer / Mechanical Engineer to join our team in creating a breakthrough touch-technology product that will change the way people interact with mobile devices.
You will be be a key early team member taking the idea from its early stages of product definition all the way to successful mass production.
Your specific responsibilities include:
- System mechanical architecture & design
- Design of high-cosmetic, mass produced parts & assemblies (including plastic, metal & glass)
- Interface with both customer-OEMs and internal engineering team to understand design and ensure technical feasibility
- Interface with and manage 3rd party vendors to execute prototype builds
- Hands-on building of prototypes / mock-ups / test fixtures for early proof-of-concepts, early manufacturing, testing & demos
- Create and maintain detailed CAD database, drawing set, and specs for documentation & vendor communication
- New material and vendor sourcing during design stage (glass, aluminum, adhesives, flex circuits, plastics, etc.)
- Create and maintain BOM with part cost estimates
- Assist in product testing & qualification, including internal reliability testing & agency approval certification (UL, CE, etc)
- Do what it takes to bring a brand-new product to market, together with your Operations, EE & Product Management colleagues
- BS and/or MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is preferred, with at least 5 years of experience.
- Experience designing mass-produced electronics products (consumer, medical, industrial fields)
- Familiarity with mobile phone and tablet technologies is desired
- Acoustic vibration and materials science experience is a plus
- CAD experience (Solidworks preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with internal team & external vendors
- Ability to work independently and within a fast-paced team environment
- Competitive package including salary, benefits & stock options
- Great team to work with!