Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World. We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The Fraud Operations Manager will be responsible for designing and running fraud operations at Robinhood. This includes implementing scalable processes and identifying potential areas of fraud vulnerability. This manager will handle escalations from cross-functional teams and will coordinate with our Security and Data teams to identify and implement fraud prevention systems.
As a Fraud Operations Manager you will:
- Build and manage a fraud operations team.
- Design fraud identification, prevention and resolution processes.
- Manage the team towards agreed upon service level agreements for fraud resolution time and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase quality and scalability.
- Investigate and resolve customer reported fraud claims.
- Internal testing fraud prevention and communicating trends and findings to AML Director and Chief Compliance Officer.
Some things we consider critical to being a Fraud Operations Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years working in fraud operations
- Strong understanding of brokerage operation and compliance functions
- Superior expertise, investigative skills and strong knowledge of BSA, AML, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Reg S-ID and privacy laws as they apply to financial institutions
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage a team and multiple priorities
Nice to haves:
- FINRA Series 7, series 24, Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and/or Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS)
- Management experience over some aspect of brokerage operations, compliance and controls
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.