Robinhood is changing the way America invests. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
As a Design Director you'll:
- Lead a team of designers to deliver world class experiences for a growing user base
- Inspire great design from your teammates and care most about developing a team of designers to become the best they can be
- Build processes to attract and hire more designers, and build (and remove!) processes to streamline the way we turn ideas into products that get delivered to our users quickly with a very high quality bar.
- Care deeply about building an enduring brand, a product experience like no other, and listen to data and research from users to help your team create the best products they can imagine.
- Be a great team leader that’s able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be supported by a strong group of engineers, product managers, content strategists, and marketers to reach our common goal - to help democratize the American financial system.
Some things we consider critical to being a Design Director:
- BA/BS preferred
- Minimum 4 years of design experience building excellent consumer products
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing and developing diverse design teams
- Execution oriented mindset - with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get it done, but the eye and heart to make sure it’s something users love
- You’ve debated different designs, and learned the times you’ve been both right and wrong when put in front of actual users
- Most importantly, love and care of your craft.
- You can’t wait for the opportunity to shape design philosophy and discipline on a small, high impact team, and grow it into a large, high impact team
- You are an awesome designer yourself. You would be a great fit on the team we already have and bring a strong portfolio and consumer products experience.
- You work quickly and know how to inspire a team to design for quality while moving fast. You set and keep the bar very high.
- As a leader in the company, you care about building the processes to drive design through the full product and engineering teams to deliver best-in-class user experiences. You’ll get to collaborate with our founders, product leads, and in-house user research team to build the fastest growing U.S. financial firm in history
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.