Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World. We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The AML Associate will be responsible for running AML processes and controls. This includes implementing scalable processes and identifying potential areas of AML compliance vulnerability. The associate will support the team in managing regulatory risk, ensuring deadlines and service levels are met, and for compliance with Firm policy, BSA, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations.
As a AML Associate you will:
- Implementation and Execution of AML Written Supervisory Procedures to comply with all, BSA, SEC and FINRA rules
- Manage and resolve escalated AML issues, suspicious activity monitoring, exception report monitoring, and other compliance assignments
- Investigate and make determinations on suspicious activity
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase quality and scalability
- Internal testing of AML compliance in functional areas such as CIP, OFAC, suspicious activity (SAR) monitoring and reporting, fraud prevention and communicating trends and findings to Firms Chief Compliance Officer.
- Manage FinCEN 314(a) and 314(b) inquiries and resolutions; Cyfin inquiries and resolutions
Some things we consider critical to being a AML Associate:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years working in AML compliance
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation
- Strong understanding of brokerage operation and compliance functions
- Superior expertise, investigative skills and strong knowledge of BSA, AML, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and privacy laws as they apply to financial institutions
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
Nice to haves:
- FINRA Series 7 and 24
- Management experience over some aspect of brokerage operations, compliance and controls
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.