Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Staff Information Security Engineer to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in Sunnyvale, CA.
As Staff Information Security Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing and managing information security tools at Bloom Energy. The ideal candidate is a deep security-focused technologist with proven track record of supporting globally distributed large scalable networks, analyzing, designing and implementing security best practices. An integral part of the role is not only to drive security standards across Bloom Energy, but also engage with multiple teams like Engineering, Product Development, Customer Install, Finance, and HR from early stage to guide them through to implement best security practices to protect critical data.
Candidate must maintain a professional attitude, creative thinker, problem solver and possess good customer service skills.
- Hands on experience in security operations, incident response, security engineering, system and network security.
- Design, implement and manage security tools and technologies like NG Palo Alto firewalls, IDS/IPS, Splunk SIEM platforms and DLP technologies.
- Network and security engineering experience, including log and network traffic capture analysis
- Ability to document and explain risks, recommendations, and incident data to technical stakeholders.
- Passion for creating tools and automating processes
- Responsible for implementing best security practices at Bloom Energy
- Responsible to implement and maintain best security standards and policies to protect Information systems architecture that includes Data Center, Network, Servers, Storage, databases Applications and related access control.
- Conduct various vulnerability tests to identify the gaps, recommend solutions and implement them in a timely manner.
- Act as a consultant to all teams on information security best practices.
- Participate in project meetings and perform security design reviews.
- Research latest security best practices, staying abreast of new threats and vulnerabilities and help to disseminate this information within the groups.
- Implement relevant tools to monitor security threats, analyze relevant logs and take appropriate actions.
- Maintain documentation on security best practices, process, policies and standards
- Mentor and provide relevant training to global team members
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Experience in architecting, designing, configuring and installing Next generation firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM and DLP technologies
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- Knowledge about various multi-vendor security tools and data encryption methodologies
- Windows, Linux, MS Exchange, Databases experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience/training
- 5+ years’ experience in information security/security engineering/architecture roles
- Professional security management certification such as CISSP, CISM certifications is a plus.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy will make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will dramatically change the way that the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed. Bloom’s unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions. Pioneering a new class of stationary fuel cells, Bloom is not just creating a new product or company; it is driving a whole new industry.
As one of Silicon Valley’s most promising startups, Bloom was the first clean energy technology investment for Kleiner Perkins and NEA, two of Silicon Valley’s most revered venture capital firms. The company has assembled a super-star board, experienced management team, and top-notch technical staff. Bloom Energy is growing quickly and is looking to add to its dynamic team.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.