MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is to deliver the best healthcare experience by putting brilliant minds, empathetic hearts and personalized technology to work to create meaningful relationships between our members and Care Partners. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright People to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: Be Purposeful, Be Authentic, Be Brave, Be Positive and Be Respectful
SCOPE OF ROLE
This position is responsible to write, edit, coordinate and provide guidance on all enrollee materials to ensure compliance with CMS and/or DHS regulatory requirements and guidelines. Primary emphasis is on the creation and review of regulatory materials. The technical writer will have a major role in the high-volume production process, which has very tight, mandatory regulatory deadlines. Strong proofreading skills are essential for achieving 100% accuracy under short production timelines. The annual regulatory materials production season is April – December.
The Technical Writer job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
· Write, edit and proofread Bright Health’s materials distributed to health plan members and prospective members to detail health plan coverage and benefits (e.g., Evidence of Coverage, Summary of Benefits, Annual Notice of Change).
· Coordinate with organization-wide subject matter experts and facilitate their writing of variable content to ensure all regulatory and operational timelines are met.
· Understand the regulatory requirements specific to Medicare Advantage, Medicaid and State Public Programs materials. Apply clear understanding of regulatory requirements and guidelines such as Medicare Marketing Guidelines. Strong editing skills are required to ensure all materials are accurate and compliant with Regulatory mandates.
· Serve as editorial resource and consultant to departments on enrollee materials projects, and work collaboratively across departments on material-related projects.
· Collaborate with the Materials, Compliance and Legal teams to manage the timely review, submission, and tracking of Medicare, Medicaid, and Individual health plan materials.
· Understand the development of health plan benefits and stay informed regarding any plan benefit changes to ensure accuracy of health plan materials.
· Train as an advanced user of materials development/management systems (e.g., Document Management System (DMS), Novatrack, Messagepoint, etc.
· Serve as backup resource for regulatory materials reviews/submissions.
· Assist in process documentation and annual strategic planning for materials season.
· Attend internal regulatory materials meetings.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
· A Bachelor's degree in communication, business, or a related field is preferred; demonstrated experience in producing materials for health care industry may be considered in lieu of degree.
· A minimum of three (3) years’ experience creating or proofing regulated enrollee materials for a managed care organization or health insurance company (e.g., Evidence of Coverage, Annual Notice of Change, Summary of Benefits, Summary of Benefits and Coverage) is required.
· Knowledge of AP Style Guide is required.
· Three (3) to five (5) years of experience developing regulated enrollee materials for a managed care organization or health insurance company is highly preferred.
· Excellent writing, reviewing, and editing skills, with demonstrated ability to develop accurate documents with minimal revisions.
· Self-starter with ability to manage, plan and organize.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work across all levels of an organization in the team environment.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.).
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
BEHAVIORAL AND LEADERSHIP NORMS
· Bright Values: Lives the Bright Values. Is focused on bravery needed to develop a variety skills. Not afraid to ask questions or take risks. Focuses on purposeful planning and objective setting. Focuses on the team’s successes, and how to support that effort.
· Collaboration: Is an effective collaborator that works well with the functional team and others in the organization to align on timelines and effective delivery of a project or task. Is solution oriented and works on generating input from multiple constituents and driving the team to a solution. Is able to work with different personality types and teammates to overcome differences in opinion and thought to achieve common company goals.
· Delivers Results: Is results oriented. Focuses on results and the best and most efficient avenue for achieving results. Works with manager or appropriate liaison in the organization to work through goal setting and milestone development to ensure timely and high-quality work product. Achieves strong results within functional area. Is focused on managing against a predetermined set of objectives and creates and follows process.
· Exhibits Curiosity: Focuses on learning about the business at large. Seeks to understand how they can drive the business forward and how the bigger picture works. Actively participates in his/her own career development.
· Multi-tasking: Balances multiple projects and initiatives at any given time. Alongside manager or appropriate Bright teammate, re-evaluates priorities based on changing company needs to understand what must be done today. Consistently meets deadlines.
· Upward Management: While balancing multiple initiatives, successfully manages expectations with appropriate project owner about capacity, challenges and barriers to success. Is not afraid to ask for help, guidance or feedback.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
· No licensures and/or certifications are required for this role.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.